Koh Lipe – Thailand
I spent last few weeks in Byron Bay doing house renovating, surfing, hiking and worked at the Bluesfest, an amazing 5 days music festival where I saw on live performances of great artists such as Jack Johnson, Erykah Badu, John Mayer, KC and the Sunshine Band, Dave Matthews Band, Elvis Costello and many more. The atmosphere you can feel at the festival is something magical, people of any age and from different countries enjoy music in a perfect melting pot.
This year was my second time working at the Bluesfest, preparing and supplying greek food. Considering price of tickets that is around 650$ for 5 days, I saved a bunch of dollars and I had incredible fun. I’m sure I’ll come back to Byron every year to this appointment with best contemporary blues and roots music.
There is a chance to do volunteering inside festival, where you work 5 hours a day and you get free access to all 5 days of festival, if anybody is interested on this option or to buy early bird tickets for half price check Bluesfest website.
1) Catch Peak Tram to Victoria Peak for the most fantastic view in Hong Kong
2) Shopping at the Temple Street Night Market
3) Visit the Big Buddha in Lantau Island
4) Take a night stroll down Tsim Sha Tsui Promenade
5) Have a break in Luk Yu Tea House
6) Make a wish under The Lam Tsuen Wishing Tree
7) Visit Buddhist Complex of Chi Lin Nunnery
8) Be amazed by The Symphony of Lights, a synchronised light and laser show of Hong Kong skyline by night
9) Catch a Star Ferry for less than 1$ across Hong Kong Harbour
10) Try the unique street food experience of Dai Pai Dongs
3 boneless skinless Chicken Thighs
3⁄4 cup Thin Soy Sauce
2 Tbs Lime Juice
6 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
2 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Paprika
1⁄2 tsp Oregano
1 Tbs Olive Oil
1⁄2 tsp Black Pepper
Garnish with Lemon and Lime slices
Combine in blender, soy sauce, lime
juice, garlic, cumin, paprika, oregano, oil
Blend until smooth
Marinate chicken for 24 hours
down -over direct heat with the grill cover closed.
Turn and grill second side 6 to 8 minutes, or until chicken registers 165° F on an internal thermometer.
Drain chicken and grill or broil on rack until cooked through.
1) Visit the dynamic and interactive Museum of New Zealand – Te Papa Tongarewa on the water front
2) Get your city bearings and some of Wellington’s best views at the Mount Victoria Lookout.
3) Ride the historic Wellington Cable Car to the Botanic Garden
4) Head to Cuba Street for a slice of Bohemia, boutique shopping and some of the best coffee in town
5) Enjoy a craft beer at Rogue and Vagabond sit down on comfort pillows just outside of the bar
6) A sunny day is perfect to catch the Interslander Ferry from Wellington to Picton, 3 hours of breathtaking scenic views on vibrant blue waters of the Cook Strait
7) Visit Oriental Bay on the water front with hundred activities
8) Go and watch the planes land out by Lyall bay at Dusk
9) Experience Zealandia, the Karori Sanctuary
10) Satisfy your hunger with local delight such as Whitebait, Bluff Oysters or fried Lamb
During my road trip in New Zealand I spent few days with some fellow citizen, travelling around Taupo Lake, Rotorua, Coromandel Peninsula.
These days remind me that travelling isn’t just visit beautiful places and share pictures, one of best part is meeting amazing people, locals and travellers.
Every single person has a story to tell, but often in the routine life there’s no one to listen them, might be we’ve no time, following the fast city groove, or might be we don’t care.
For instance, do you really know your family? How your father met your mother? Which plans and dreams had your aunt and uncle when they where young?
I invite you to ask, you’ll find out so many interesting stories that you can’t imagine.
Somehow travellers love ask, listen and share life experiences, and it’s always fascinating how these stories interweave, teaching us and inspiring us.
Back to my road trip, I wish to share some friends’ travels stories:
2 lb lean Stew Beef
1 cup Red Wine
4 sprigs fresh Parsley
1 sprig fresh Thyme
1 Bay Leaf
4 Tbs Olive Oil
1 Onion, sliced
1 Tbs All Purpose Flour
1⁄4 cup Beef Broth
1 tsp Salt
1⁄4 tsp ground Black Pepper to taste
2 Tbs Olive Oil
4 oz Bacon, chopped
12 small White Onions
4 oz Button Mushrooms, sliced
1. In a medium bowl, combine beef, wine, parsley, thyme and bay leaf. Let marinate for 3 hours.
2. Remove beef; strain and reserve marinade.
3. Heat 4 Tbs oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium high heat.
4. Sauté the sliced onion until tender.
5. Stir in beef, and cook until evenly
6. Remove beef and onion; set aside.
7. Add flour to pan, and cook, stirring, until
8. Slowly stir in beef broth, then the
9. Return the beef mixture to the pan.
10. Cover, and simmer for 3 hours.
11. Heat 2 Tbs oil in a medium skillet over
medium high heat,
12. Stir in the bacon and small onions, and
sauté until onions are tender.
13. Add mushrooms, and continue cooking
until mushrooms are golden brown.
14. Add to pan
15. Serve over noodles